Awards are for Members only!
Latest News Updates:
- Recognising the excellence of Travel Industry professionals
- ASATA Diners Club Award winners announced
- Winner's commitment to travel industry [PDF]
- ASATA Awards Winner: Tomorrow's Leader
- ASATA Diners Club Award Winners [PDF]
- Meet all the Finalists face-to-face
- ASATA Diners Club Awards Finalists announced [PDF]
- This is it. Nominations close today!
- Your industry needs YOUR input!
- Are you a winner? You could be ...
- Nominations pouring in [PDF]
- Spotlight on winners at WTM London [PDF]
- Time to nominate or be nominated!
Looking back on 2014:
- 2014 Awards winners
- 2014 Awards evening
- Travel industry honours achievers [PDF]
- 2014 Awards finalists announced [PDF]
Looking back on 2013:
Awards are for Members only!
Conditions of Entry
The ASATA Diners Club Awards are exclusive to ASATA Members only.
Herewith the conditions of entry and nominations process for the ASATA Diners Club Awards 2015. Participants are expected to read this section carefully before submitting any nominations.
Open for nominations within ASATA's membership only:
- Special Award: Exceptional Commitment
- Special Award: Tomorrow's Leader
- Wholesale: Sales Representative in a Tour Operator
- Wholesale: Consultant in a Tour Operator
- Retail: Leisure Consultant in a Travel Agency
- Retail: Corporate Consultant in a Travel Agency
- Retail: Independent Travel Consultant (ITC)
- Retail: Key Accounts Executive in a Travel
nominated by the TMC and validated by corporate clients.
For a description and the criteria for each award, please visit the Categories page.
Conditions of Entry and Nomination Process
- The ASATA and Diners Club logo remains the property of ASATA, any unauthorized use, reproduction or alteration of the ASATA Diners Club Awards logos, trophies, and certificates are strictly prohibited.
- There will be ONE round of nominations for the ASATA Diners Club Awards 2015. There is no second review of nominations this year unless there is an equal score for the finalists in the category nominated.
- Please note that there has been a change for the Key Accounts Executive category. Diners Club are giving the corporate client the opportunity to be included in the process. TMC's will submit each nomination with details of a corporate client to validate their motivations.
- Only online nominations will be accepted. No emails or facsimiles will be accepted.
- Please select the category for which you are nominating and check the criteria carefully before completing the relevant form online.
- Submissions in the incorrect category will be disqualified.
- Only one nomination form per nominee will be accepted from you as the proposer. The first nomination you submit for any individual will be given to the judging panel and no further amendments or additions to that nomination will be accepted.
- You may nominate other nominees in the same or different categories.
- We encourage your industry colleagues, peers and managers to nominate you, only travel professionals operating within the ASATA Membership base may nominate or be nominated.
- We have introduced self-nomination this year. You will still be required to complete the online form with all the details as requested and comply with all the conditions of entry.
- Please complete all 3 questions in the specific blocks, each of which will be scored out of 5 points. Incomplete motivations will be disqualified.
- The motivations will be scored by the judges in a neutral and anonymous process. All references to the nominee's name and company will be removed from the scoring document that goes to the judges.
- The closing date for nominations is Monday, 30th November 2015 and no further submissions will be accepted.
- At no time will ASATA or Diners Club South Africa enter into any correspondence concerning the nominations, the judging process or the allocation of awards.
- No employees of the ASATA Secretariat or Diners Club may be nominated for these awards.
- We accept no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, and incomplete or cannot be delivered for technical reasons. Automatic acknowledgement of an entry is not proof of receipt.
- Failure to complete the form properly will result in disqualification. ASATA reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with the conditions of entry or submissions in incorrect categories.
- Please read the Conditions of Entry PLUS the criteria for each category. Each entry form has a list of the criteria relevant to that category.
- Please note ONE nominee and category to be completed for each submission. Each nomination is judged on an individual basis.
- Once received, all nominations and documentation become the property of ASATA and no returns of any forms will be made.
- Completed nomination forms are strictly confidential. ASATA will maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity with regards to the information contained in the entries.
Judging of the Awards:
- The names of the judges will be announced once nominations have closed.
- The judging panel is selected for their neutral stance and none of the judges assessing the submissions are from the Retail or Wholesale sectors.
- It is very important to note that entries are anonymous. All identifying references to nominees and companies are removed so that the judges only see Candidate A, B, C, etc. Therefore, as the judges do not know who you are nominating or the name of the company, it is crucial that your provide well-motivated reasons to support your nomination.
- All judges sign a non-disclosure agreement before being given sight of the nominations.
- The judges' decisions will be arrived at independently and will be final. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the judges' decisions.
- All finalists will be contacted by email to confirm their acceptance in reaching the finalist stage of the awards process.
- By accepting finalist status when contacted, finalists confirm their agreement to these Conditions of Entry and will make themselves available for the ASATA Diners Club Awards ceremony, which will be held during the 2016 ASATA Conference - date still to be announced..
- For finalists from 'out of town' this will include one night's accommodation and flights to and from the Awards event in economy class for the finalist only.
- Any additional costs will be to the finalist's account.
- The finalists may be required to be interviewed and photographed by the trade press and for the various ASATA and Diners Club websites.
- At the awards ceremony a brief outline of the finalists winning edge and reasons for their nomination may be presented by the MC as an accolade to their finalist status.
- It is the duty of the finalist to advise us if they move from an ASATA Member Agency during the ASATA Diners Club Awards process. Should a finalist withdraw from the process for any reason, their finalist status will be withdrawn and the judges and ASATA may promote the next highest ranking nominee to finalist at its absolute discretion.
- Each Proposer/participant consents to the processing, dissemination, alteration, collation and/or destruction of their Personal Information and Special Personal Information, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”), by ASATA.
- It is the responsibility of the Proposer/participant to ensure that they have obtained permission from the individuals named in their nomination, including the Nominee, Nominee's Manager and/or Corporate Client, for the Proposer/participant to disclose their Personal Information and Special Personal Information. the Proposer/participant accordingly indemnifies ASATA against any and all harm occasioned by their failure to obtain such consent.
- You understand that any personal or corporate information you have supplied will be used in the process of identifying and promoting winners of the 2015 ASATA Diners Club Awards only, and that this information will not be given, sold or distributed to any other commercial entity for any other purposes.
- All entries and information provided to ASATA shall remain the sole property of ASATA and by participating the Proposer/participant consents to these conditions.
We encourage all regions to submit nominations for these awards as we believe that participation from all geographical areas promotes further inclusion and allows you an opportunity to be recognised for your professionalism.
A dropdown has been included in each form for you to select from one of the following regions:
- Region A: Gauteng North: (i.e. Centurion northwards) incl. Pretoria and surrounds, North West and Limpopo.
- Region B: Gauteng South: (i.e. Midrand southwards), incl. Johannesburg and surrounds, Mpumalanga and other.
- Region C: Incl. Free State, Northern Cape, Port Elizabeth and East London incl. the areas of the Eastern Cape and other countries incl. Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland.
- Region D: Western Cape incl. Cape Town, Boland, Garden Route and other.
- Region E: Kwa Zulu Natal incl. Durban and other.
PHONE: +27 11 293-0560/1
P O Box 650539,
Suite 6, Lower Ground Floor, Block A,
Hurlingham Office Park, 59 Woodlands Avenue,
(just off Republic Road), Hurlingham Extension 5,
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.