Awards are for Members only!
Latest News Updates:
- Recognising the excellence of Travel Industry professionals
- ASATA Diners Club Award winners announced
- Winner's commitment to travel industry [PDF]
- ASATA Awards Winner: Tomorrow's Leader
- ASATA Diners Club Award Winners [PDF]
- Meet all the Finalists face-to-face
- ASATA Diners Club Awards Finalists announced [PDF]
- This is it. Nominations close today!
- Your industry needs YOUR input!
- Are you a winner? You could be ...
- Nominations pouring in [PDF]
- Spotlight on winners at WTM London [PDF]
- Time to nominate or be nominated!
Looking back on 2014:
- 2014 Awards winners
- 2014 Awards evening
- Travel industry honours achievers [PDF]
- 2014 Awards finalists announced [PDF]
Looking back on 2013:
Awards are for Members only!
01 March 2014 | ASATA
Wholesale Representative in a Tour Operator award: Excellent product and destination knowledge is important for wholesale representatives as they promote the numerous packages on offer to the travel industry and their clients, offering training and advice to the retail agents. “Out on the road” most of the time, liaising with the team back in the office, they play an integral part in delivering customer expectations and turning that fantasy vacation or trip into a reality.
1. What are your goals regarding your career in the travel industry?
I have been in the industry for 13 years and my goal has always been to offer my best to all my customers, as I believe this is key in a competitive environment and this strengthens your relationships with your customer
2. What are the highlights of your career?
When you have achieved the task that you set out to do with success this is a highlight for me as you have pleased not only your customer, but also achieved the goal.
3. Tell us a bit about your family life...
I am married with two sons and a grandson. We are a very close family and we treasure our time together.
4. Are your hobbies linked to your career or vastly different?
I enjoy riding my bike, swimming, and do enjoy my gym time as this helps balance work time and my own time.
5. What is your favourite travel destination, locally and internationally?
I love the Drakensberg, and have been to Mauritius many times and still love this special island.
6. What is your favourite type of getaway?
I love the mountains and the sea.
7. What is your most important piece of travel advice?
It is important to ensure you book your holiday with a reputable, well-known and trusted company.
8. Why do you love working in the travel industry?
It is never the same daily boring job and I love it when you see a happy customer.
9. What does your typical day at work look like?
Visiting and calling on the groups and incentive travel trade daily, assisting my customer to close the deal with their customer. This is truly rewarding for me.
10. What is your one tip on what it takes to be successful in the travel industry?
You must never promise what you cannot deliver.
PHONE: +27 11 293-0560/1
P O Box 650539,
Suite 6, Lower Ground Floor, Block A,
Hurlingham Office Park, 59 Woodlands Avenue,
(just off Republic Road), Hurlingham Extension 5,
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.