Awards are for Members only!
Latest News Updates:
- Recognising the excellence of Travel Industry professionals
- ASATA Diners Club Award winners announced
- Winner's commitment to travel industry [PDF]
- ASATA Awards Winner: Tomorrow's Leader
- ASATA Diners Club Award Winners [PDF]
- Meet all the Finalists face-to-face
- ASATA Diners Club Awards Finalists announced [PDF]
- This is it. Nominations close today!
- Your industry needs YOUR input!
- Are you a winner? You could be ...
- Nominations pouring in [PDF]
- Spotlight on winners at WTM London [PDF]
- Time to nominate or be nominated!
Looking back on 2014:
- 2014 Awards winners
- 2014 Awards evening
- Travel industry honours achievers [PDF]
- 2014 Awards finalists announced [PDF]
Looking back on 2013:
Awards are for Members only!
01 March 2014 | ASATA
Wholesale Consultant in a Tour Operator award: Packaging dream holidays whether for a honeymoon, an exciting getaway for the family, or incentive groups, this consultant needs to have an excellent knowledge of the destinations, offer sound advice and give alternatives, thus assisting the retail travel agent and their client in delivering that once-in-a-lifetime travel experience.
1. What are your goals regarding your career in the travel industry?
I have been in the industry for 14 years. I believe that every day is a goal, a goal to be the best you possibly can be.
2. What are the highlights of your career?
The many travel experiences I have been blessed with and the amazing people I have met over the years are my career highlights. The industry has quite literally changed my life and my values and allows me to strive for greatness.
3. Tell us a bit about your family life...
My family is my rock and my pillar of strength. My partner of six years, Jonathan Hudson means everything to me. I would be lost without them.
4. Are your hobbies linked to your career or vastly different?
I live and breathe travel.
5. What is your favourite travel destination, locally and internationally?
Locally: It has to be Cape Town.
Internationally: Thailand. Nothing will ever compare - there is just something for everyone to experience.
6. What is your favourite type of getaway?
The beach and city.
7. What is your most important piece of travel advice?
Make sure to double-check everything.
8. Why do you love working in the travel industry?
Every day offers something NEW - new challenges and new people. It never gets boring and is stressful. It is also fun as there is never a dull day ... and making dreams a reality, that's just a bonus.
9. What does your typical day at work look like?
It's a mad rush. I start at 06h00 and end at ..., doing five things at once: screaming, crying, laughing. It's AMAZING how many emotions you can feel in one day.
10. What is your one tip on what it takes to be successful in the travel industry?
Love what you do.
PHONE: +27 11 293-0560/1
P O Box 650539,
Suite 6, Lower Ground Floor, Block A,
Hurlingham Office Park, 59 Woodlands Avenue,
(just off Republic Road), Hurlingham Extension 5,
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.