Awards are for Members only!
Latest News Updates:
- Recognising the excellence of Travel Industry professionals
- ASATA Diners Club Award winners announced
- Winner's commitment to travel industry [PDF]
- ASATA Awards Winner: Tomorrow's Leader
- ASATA Diners Club Award Winners [PDF]
- Meet all the Finalists face-to-face
- ASATA Diners Club Awards Finalists announced [PDF]
- This is it. Nominations close today!
- Your industry needs YOUR input!
- Are you a winner? You could be ...
- Nominations pouring in [PDF]
- Spotlight on winners at WTM London [PDF]
- Time to nominate or be nominated!
Looking back on 2014:
- 2014 Awards winners
- 2014 Awards evening
- Travel industry honours achievers [PDF]
- 2014 Awards finalists announced [PDF]
Looking back on 2013:
Awards are for Members only!
01 March 2014 | ASATA
Key Accounts Executive in a Travel Agency award: Representing one's brand at all times, being smart and thinking on one's feet whilst dealing with demanding clients are some of the attributes of the key accounts executive. Networking, negotiating and respecting the client's requests whilst working with the team in the office to deliver service excellence and outstanding effectiveness makes all the difference in earning respect for the professional image of the travel industry
1. What are your goals regarding your career in the travel industry?
My short term goals entail studying further and obtaining my degree in Business Administration. Then I would like to further my career in different spheres within our business, especially in technology advancements in the travel industry.
2. What are the highlights of your career?
Analysing data to improve efficiencies within my clients’ travel programmes, meeting with new clients and building on current relationships within my portfolio.
3. Tell us a bit about your family life...
My husband and I have been married for nine wonderful years. We have three beautiful girls and adore and appreciate each and every minute we spend together.
4. Are your hobbies linked to your career or vastly different?
I enjoy creating gourmet meals for my family and extended family and enjoy reading extensively. All genres interest me especially crime-solving novels.
5. What is your favourite travel destination, locally and internationally?
Locally: Cape Town.
6. What is your favourite type of getaway?
Sea holidays are extremely invigorating and visiting foreign cities is a wonderful experience to learn about different cultures.
7. What is your most important piece of travel advice?
Always pack a spare set of clothes in your carry-on luggage and save important presentations and documents on a flash drive.
8. Why do you love working in the travel industry?
I have always been passionate about customer service. Travelling within our industry may not be the norm, however it does bring with it a number of challenges daily and I thrive on working with the various teams to find solutions to those challenges. It truly is satisfying when you are able to resolve issues and find solutions to any challenges that arise.
9. What is your one tip on what it takes to be successful in the travel industry?
Flexibility is a key factor within the travel industry, extend parameters where necessary. One size does not necessarily fit all - this mindset may give us that competitive edge.
PHONE: +27 11 293-0560/1
P O Box 650539,
Suite 6, Lower Ground Floor, Block A,
Hurlingham Office Park, 59 Woodlands Avenue,
(just off Republic Road), Hurlingham Extension 5,
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.