Awards are for Members only!
Latest News Updates:
- Recognising the excellence of Travel Industry professionals
- ASATA Diners Club Award winners announced
- Winner's commitment to travel industry [PDF]
- ASATA Awards Winner: Tomorrow's Leader
- ASATA Diners Club Award Winners [PDF]
- Meet all the Finalists face-to-face
- ASATA Diners Club Awards Finalists announced [PDF]
- This is it. Nominations close today!
- Your industry needs YOUR input!
- Are you a winner? You could be ...
- Nominations pouring in [PDF]
- Spotlight on winners at WTM London [PDF]
- Time to nominate or be nominated!
Looking back on 2014:
- 2014 Awards winners
- 2014 Awards evening
- Travel industry honours achievers [PDF]
- 2014 Awards finalists announced [PDF]
Looking back on 2013:
Awards are for Members only!
01 March 2014 | ASATA
Independent Travel Consultant award: The ITC nominees are expected to have several years of experience in the travel industry whether for the corporate or leisure client, whilst they may work from a small office or home base, they need to maintain a high standard of service and innovation in this fast growing sector. Self- motivation is important and a professional edge makes all the difference in winning clients' trust.
1. What are your goals regarding your career in the travel industry?
I have been in travel for 18 years. It’s gone by in a flash; they say time flies when you’re having fun.
2. What are the highlights of your career?
I am flattered to be nominated as a finalist for the ASATA / Diners Club Award once again … Winning the TOP ITC Award last year (2013) was definitely the highlight of my career.
3. Tell us a bit about your family life...
I am married to my job ... joking! I am married to Scott who supports me 100% and we have an adorable son, Tristan, who will be 7 in June.
4. Are your hobbies linked to your career or vastly different?
I won’t call myself a runner, but I occasionally take part in the half-marathon. Running clears my mind and is a perfect way to de-stress.
5. What is your favourite travel destination, locally and internationally?
Locally: We live in such a beautiful part of the country that I can honestly say the Winelands is my all-time favourite.
Internationally: I love Europe and can’t wait for our ski-holiday.
6. What is your favourite type of getaway?
This one is tricky as there is room for all types of getaways. The beach and bush are both ideal family holidays.
7. What is your most important piece of travel advice?
Rather be over-prepared than overwhelmed.
8. Why do you love working in the travel industry?
I thrive under pressure and just love the adrenaline rush of meeting, deadlines and not knowing what’s going to happen next. It’s always GO-GO-GO!
9. What does your typical day at work look like?
After my third double espresso, I am ready to take on the world. My day starts off by checking all bookings for the day and making mental notes of who is where and in what time zone. Travel is 100% unpredictable - not one day is ever the same.
10. What is your one tip on what it takes to be successful in the travel industry?
PHONE: +27 11 293-0560/1
P O Box 650539,
Suite 6, Lower Ground Floor, Block A,
Hurlingham Office Park, 59 Woodlands Avenue,
(just off Republic Road), Hurlingham Extension 5,
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.