Awards are for Members only!
Latest News Updates:
- Recognising the excellence of Travel Industry professionals
- ASATA Diners Club Award winners announced
- Winner's commitment to travel industry [PDF]
- ASATA Awards Winner: Tomorrow's Leader
- ASATA Diners Club Award Winners [PDF]
- Meet all the Finalists face-to-face
- ASATA Diners Club Awards Finalists announced [PDF]
- This is it. Nominations close today!
- Your industry needs YOUR input!
- Are you a winner? You could be ...
- Nominations pouring in [PDF]
- Spotlight on winners at WTM London [PDF]
- Time to nominate or be nominated!
Looking back on 2014:
- 2014 Awards winners
- 2014 Awards evening
- Travel industry honours achievers [PDF]
- 2014 Awards finalists announced [PDF]
Looking back on 2013:
Awards are for Members only!
01 March 2014 | ASATA
Corporate Consultant in a Travel Agency award: Corporate consultants have to deliver excellent service to their many clients, living up to their expectations and demands, with a slick turnaround time and all the right options. This is a very competitive environment, requiring a good understanding of the client’s needs, policies and travel requirements.
1. What are your goals regarding your career in the travel industry?
I have been in the travel industry for about 14 years. The last 12 have been at the same agency. I would love to move into a training position to share my knowledge that I have accumulated as I enjoy being a mentor for younger consultants and helping them find the best solutions.
2.Why do you love working in the travel industry?
I love to provide a service that makes travel effortless for corporate clients because their time is precious. The recognition and appreciation from my clients when they return from a successful trip makes it worthwhile. Meeting and still working with my best friend and visiting new and exciting destinations are priceless. No two days are ever the same.
3. Tell us a bit about your family life...
I’m still single and live on my own with two adorable dogs that fill my life with so much love and joy.
4. Are your hobbies linked to your career or vastly different?
I love outdoor sporting events, road running, swimming (I have done the Midmar Mile the last five years) and take part in a triathlon every now and then.
5. What is your favourite travel destination, locally and internationally?
Locally: I love to travel to Cape Town or anywhere on the West Coast.
Internationally: It has to be the Far East … I love Thailand.
6. What is your favourite type of getaway?
I enjoy seaside destinations … nothing beats the feeling of walking barefoot on the beach while enjoying a beautiful sunset.
7. What is your most important piece of travel advice?
Always, always read your documentation carefully, make sure your passport is valid and visas are in order, and be on time.
8. Why do you love working in the travel industry?
I like the challenge of finding solutions to almost unsolvable problems. There is always opportunity to grow and learn more. I always say: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
9. What is your one tip on what it takes to be successful in the travel industry?
Organisation, planning, good time management and loads of patience are important in our industry.
PHONE: +27 11 293-0560/1
P O Box 650539,
Suite 6, Lower Ground Floor, Block A,
Hurlingham Office Park, 59 Woodlands Avenue,
(just off Republic Road), Hurlingham Extension 5,
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.